Thursday, November 21, 2013

Kauffman Has Eyes On The Prize


READING, PA (November 20, 2013)-On Saturday night November 30th at the Santander Arena in Reading, PA, WBA Number 10 ranked Travis Kauffman will take onManuel Quezada in a ten round bout for the WBU Intercontinental championship. That will be one of two title fights that night, which is promoted by Kings Promotions.

Kauffman, 26-1 with 19 knockouts has a lot on the line that night, as not only will he fighting in front of his hometown fans but he knows he just a couple of fights away from a major fight.
This will be Kauffman's 3rd in just over three months and he believes he is just not getting back into the shape he wants to be in.

"I just been training hard and getting ready for November 30th", said Kauffman.
"I haven't stopped training since I fought Arron Lyons on August 23rd. I haven't gone up in weight and I am in the peak of my career and I know I have to work hard."

He knows that he will have to be in great shape to take on the battle tested Quezada of Wasco, California, who has a record of 29-7 with 18 knockouts.

 "I know he is a tough Mexican, "continued Kauffman. "It says on his record that he has been off for over two years but I know he has been fighting MMA so I know he is in good shape. He has been in with tougher guys then I have so I know he brings great experience especially after giving Chris Arreola some trouble for ten rounds as well knocking out Travis Walker in one round. He is no slouch and I know I have to beat him to get to the next level and it will prepare me as I every fight will be tougher."

A win will most certainly will elevate Kauffman into a big fight and he feels at age 28 he is ready for that opportunity.

"If I get that opportunity, I will jump at it. Even if I have to go to Europe to fight Dereck Chisora, Wladimir Klitschko, Alexander Povetkin or Tyson Fury but 1st things first, I have to worry about Quezada."

This will be Kauffman's first fight in his hometown in 3 ½ years and he feels that time is right now for him to make the Heavyweight statement.

"I have changed my life around. I have 5 kids (3 biological) to look out for. I haven't been staying at home but I am close enough to see my family whenever I have to. The kids can be a distraction but they are my biggest motivation. This is a new me and by me working very hard that will be the difference on November 30th."

In the main event on November 30th, Middleweight Harry Joe Yorgey of Bridgeport, PA (27-2-1, 12 KO's) takes on Lee Mertagh (33-15-1, 1 KO) of Leeds, England in a 12 round bout.
Keenan Collins (15-8-3, 10 KO's) will fight George Sosa (12-4, 12 KO's) for the UBF Intercontinental Jr. Middleweight title that is scheduled for eight rounds.

Frankie De Alba (9-1-2, 3 KO's) of Reading, PA will battle Osnel Charles(9-7-1, 1 KO) of Atlantic City, NJ in a six round Super Featherweight tussle.

In four round bouts:

Wilfredo Morales of Brooklyn, NY will make his pro debut against Jesus Gonzalez (1-3) of Allentownm PA in a Featherweight bout.

Randy Easton (0-2-1) of Williamsport, PA will square off with pro debuting former UFC Fighter Carmelo Marrero (PD) in a Heavyweight bout.

Emil Rodriguez (0-3) of Miami, FL will box Travis Thompson (4-11-2, 3 KO's)) of Pottstown, PA in a Jr. Welterweight bout.

Tickets can be purchased at www.ticketmaster.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment